The survey from Markit showed that manufacturing grew at the fastest pace in almost four years in February.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 64 points, or 0.4 percent, to 16,104 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose six points, or 0.3 percent, to 1,834. The Nasdaq composite rose 11 points, or 0.3 percent, to 4,249.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap