According to PatentlyApple, the tech giant recently filed a patent for slim solar power technology described in the patent as a “Power management system to supply power to components without using converter circuit between solar panel and power management system.” In layman’s terms, that means that it’s a more efficient solar power system than anything currently embedded in any electronic devices today, which means it might actually have the juice to run twenty minute games of Angry Birds, play a couple of albums and get one through an hour of goofing around on Facebook while one waits for one’s plane, train or coffee to be ready.
The patent points to an external charging device that would allow one to charge ones laptops, phones and tablets using a portable solar panel. The future may yet hold cell phones with solar panels embedded right into the casing, but ones probably not going to see anything like that until ones see the invention of self-cooling, heat-resistant iPhones that can be left in the sun for hours on end without suffering any damage.
“Our reliance on traditional energy sources is crippling,” said Android expert
Solar is something of a dream, a hope for the future, but has never truly been realistic as an energy source for the average person. With fairly basic systems costing upwards of
To read more, please visit: http://www.workinghomeguide.com/17427/solar-phones-no-more-charging-docks.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11602901.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March