With over 50 million cellular lines and mobile penetration approaching 200 percent, the Saudi Arabian telecom market is now offering 3G and 4G LTE competitive services and customers are ready to enjoy the full benefits of evolved packet core network connectivity.
To provide subscribers with easy access and a seamless connectivity experience, STC, one of the largest telecommunications providers in the
This new development will enable STC to offer its customers the benefits of state-of-the-art telecommunications network features across the country. These benefits will be more evident as the use of smartphones, tablets and mobile applications continues to rapidly spread.
Combined with LTE access networks, EPC will provide a whole new experience for STC customers, with a rich variety of multimedia applications and true broadband access virtually anywhere.
The agreement will supply STC with an EPC solution to deliver the quality of service that STC customers deserve and expect. It will provide ease of use and transparent charging factors that drive subscriber uptake of smart applications and services.
The scope of the agreement includes evolving STC network into the latest available technologies (Ericsson Blade System, MKVIII for SGSN-MME and Ericsson SSR 8020 for GGSN/EPG). The solution handles the growing demand for mobile broadband through common high-capacity multi-access platforms.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia