ENP Newswire -
Release date- 19022014 -
NOAA's 'Hurricane Hunters' will be the first aircraft to fly the Rolls-Royce T56 engine enhancement, known as the Series 3.5. While C-130 flight tests and engine ground tests have shown significant improvement over requirements, the Series 3.5 package requirements call for a 7.9 per cent fuel reduction.
In addition to reduced fuel consumption, the enhancement package allows T56 engines to operate at significantly lower turbine temperatures, extending parts life and improving reliability by 22 percent.
The P-3 Series 3.5 flight test and qualification program, supported by
The engine enhancement package is in the final stages of completing all requirements for
The T56 Series 3.5 engine enhancement can be installed as part of a conventional engine overhaul, and does not require any aircraft or engine control system modifications. In addition to USAF and NOAA, international operators of C-130 and P-3 aircraft are also considering incorporating the T56 engine enhancement into their fleets.
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers