Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Thus, a membrane containing 65 wt % ionomer fibers had a OH- conductivity of 65 mS/cm in water at 23 degrees C, a stress at break of 14 MPa (for a water-equilibrated membrane at room temperature), and an equilibrium liquid water swelling of 144% at 23 degrees C. The AEM fabrication scheme is robust and can easily be extended to different base polymers, ion exchange groups, and cross-linking schemes."
For more information on this research see: Electrospun and Cross-Linked Nanofiber Composite Anion Exchange Membranes. Macromolecules, 2014;47(1):227-235. Macromolecules can be contacted at: Amer Chemical Soc,
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels