LNG Supply Extremely Tight in 1Q14
The supply side of the equation is driving extreme tightness in the current 1Q14 market, and current isolated pockets of demand may be driving up spot prices to oil parity levels, although the demand side overall is not exactly robust.
Canadian Gas Prices Spiking
Canadian gas price spikes have become a routine occurrence as of lately as fast-declining storage reaches levels that signal the need to ration by price remaining supplies between domestic and U.S. markets. End-March year-on-year Canadian storage deficits will take a heavy toll on exports to the U.S. even if
More LNG Pulled Off the Market
More and more LNG is being pulled off the market, but the same cannot be said for Russian gas flows, which continue to show year-on-year growth along the main corridors through
New Compensation Mechanism for Renewable Units Being Laid Out in Spain
A combination of extremely high wind conditions and large hydro availability has led to a severe price crash in the Spanish day-ahead market. However, significant regulatory changes are also shaping up in the Spanish market, including a new mechanism that puts renewable output in competition with other technologies in the day-ahead market. The new mechanism of remuneration of renewable units is likely to change profoundly the operational pattern of renewable generation, or even lead to the net loss of renewable capacity.
Return of Richards Bay Coal Terminal Drags Down Coal Prices
The coal market largely moved lower again last week, with the return of throughput from
The information above is part of
Click here for additional information on PIRA’s global energy commodity market research services.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11601735.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia