The rebate program benefits eligible Pennsylvanians age 65 and older, widows and widowers age 50 and older, and persons with disabilities age 18 and older. The income limit is
The maximum standard rebate is
Each resident who prepared and filed a paper rebate form last year, and did not utilize computer software to do so, should have received a 2013 application form by now. Renters who prepared claims last year using computer software rather than the PA-1000 booklet received letters by mail reminding the resident to apply for a 2013 rebate and providing them with two copies of the PA-1000 Rent Certificate.
It costs nothing to apply for a rebate. In response to continued inquiries and complaints regarding fee-based application filing services offered privately, the department reminds residents that free filing help is available at hundreds of locations across the state. Application forms and assistance are available at no cost from
Applications are also available online at www.revenue.state.pa.us or by calling 1-888-222-9190.
Older adults must reapply for rebates every year because rebates are based on annual income and property taxes or rent paid each year.
The deadline to apply for a rebate on property taxes or rent paid in 2013 is
The department wants all eligible Pennsylvanians to apply for and receive rebates through this program, but it cautions that fraudulent or falsified rebate claims will result in denial of rebate.
The Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program is supported by the
For more information, visit www.revenue.state.pa.us.
Web Site: http://www.governor.state.pa.us
Keywords for this news article include: Software, Homeowners, Real Estate, Property Tax,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department