Nokia Solutions and Networks is creating new ways to deploy and integrate LTE and Wi-Fi to boost Heterogeneous Network (HetNet) capacity and coverage, indoors and outdoors. A comprehensive expansion of the
"Although operator interest in small cells is clearly growing, deployments have been limited as operators still have lots of concerns with current small cell offerings. Vendor enhancements, such as those NSN has recently announced, are bringing those portfolios in better alignment with real-world operator requirements," said
• Flexi Zone LTE micro/pico base stations now support all the most commonly used frequency bands for FDD LTE and TD-LTE and can be deployed in outdoor and harsh indoor environments such as railway stations or factories.
• A new multi-radio outdoor and indoor
• A new indoor
Click here and here to download photos illustrating the new indoor
To learn more about NSN’s latest
We invite you to watch a video and follow our launches on http://www.nsn.com/performance, and register for the #NSNperformance webinar series starting on
To share your thoughts on small cells and
Nokia Solutions and Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo,
Phone: +358 7140 02869
*A distributed antenna system, or DAS, is a network of antenna nodes connected to a macro-cellular base station via a transport medium. Providing wireless service to a building, DAS systems use different transport mediums, such as coaxial cabling, fiber or dedicated Ethernet, to link a central macro base station (building basement or similar) to antennas on every floor. Operators need to make a significant investment to install these dedicated transport mediums in existing or new buildings. This also makes the system inflexible and difficult to scale.
Using a mix of fiber and dedicated Ethernet, Hybrid DASs are a more recent variant of DAS that takes advantage of remote radio heads deployed closer to the antennas.
**NSN recently launched a dynamic, load-balancing enhanced Inter Cell Interference Coordination (eICIC) solution that goes above and beyond the 3GPP standards. It manages interference while balancing the subscriber load across the small cell and macro layers. For more information, see the press release ‘NSN breaks new ground with LTE-Advanced for superior performance’.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11600840.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday