AL-JAWF, Feb.19—The Safer Exploration & Production Operations Company completed the drilling of the first of four wells in the western area of Block 18 early this week, which extends from Marib to Al-Jawf. The well's production capacity is estimated to be 6 million cubic feet (about 170,000 cubic meters) of gas per day, according to the initial assessment.
In a press release to the state-run Saba news agency, the company said that the well was drilled based on three-dimensional geological studies and seismic surveys performed by the company over the past few years.
The well is located in the Al-Khasaf Al-Marwan area of Al-Hazm district in Al-Jawf governorate.
This discovery is expected to boost
"Marib and Al-Jawf, as well as Shabwa, could be [most easily] exploited for gas exports," Al-Hazmi said. Although gas is also produced in Hadramout, he said that it is not produced in such large quantities.
In order to support gas exports, Al-Hazmi said, a gas reserve should be over one trillion cubic meters. According to the
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law