Over the same duration, the firm made Sh1.1 billion loss, with the reversal of the trend indicating that the turnaround strategy is paying off.
The listed miller now says its plan will put it back to profitability in its full year results as improved factory efficiency and diversification strategies begin yielding fruit.
"We have adhered to all the required diversification measures and thus ready for take-off. We are not going to engage in more capital investments," the company chief executive officer, Mr
Total net revenue grew by 31 per cent to Sh7.1 billion up from Sh5.4 billion over a similar period last year despite a 3 per cent decline in sugar prices.
UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
An increase in cane crushed ensured the miller registered a significant growth in earnings from ethanol distillery to Sh488 million down from Sh50 million last year.
"Overall reduction in cost by 29 per cent is a result of management's deliberate focus to control cost for efficiency and sustainability,"
Although the miller still faced competition for raw materials, an improvement in factory efficiency resulted in an increase in quantity of sugar extracted.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction