Savers have been having a hard time with the base rate at 0.5% for almost five years now, and the bad news is there are few signs that things are about to improve. The latest round of Isa launches is unlikely to get anyone's pulse racing. It's little wonder that people are increasingly looking for alternative homes for their cash, and now a new one is set to come online, courtesy of City superwoman
What next for mortgage rates? It's a question that our expert
Also on the site this week
• Check your change! Rare 50p coin could be worth £24
• How do I become … a crane driver?. What you need to know to get to the top
• How much is that house worth? See if you can guess in our property quiz
It's a rental property, but not as we know it. This Mayfair mansion is to let at a hefty £65,000 a month. Yes, that's enough to buy a home outright in some parts of the country, but the master bedroom alone is bigger than many people's houses. How the other half live, eh?
• With Ovo Energy announcing a price cut, see if you could save on your energy bills with the Guardian energy comparison service. It compares all
• Santander is still offering its longest ever interest-free purchase offer on credit cards - 0% for 18 months.
That's all this week.
Sign up to the Money Talks weekly email for all the latest news and offers
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11