-- Increasing demand for data centric communications and the extension of these capabilities to the outer edge
-- The introduction of new satellite communication platforms, such as the US-based AEHF and MUOS systems, in conjunction with an increased and continuing emphasis on network centric and data orientated communications capabilities will drive demand for military satellite communications.
-- Shipborne communications spending will be characterized by demand for multiple radio systems.
-- Fast-jet platforms will represent the mainstay for the airborne radio market while the emerging UAV market will represent the fastest growth sector.
-- Terrestrial radio volumes will be dominated by handheld systems while the emphasis on maintaining net-centric communications through to the tactical edge will drive VSAT terminal shipments.
"Managing bandwidth in increasingly congested spectrum will be a key challenge in meeting future demands for data-centric military communications," observed
"Other common themes across the military communications sector include a move towards multi-mode and multi-band radio solutions," added
The series of military communications forecasts detail terminal shipments segmented across various platforms as well as detailing the associated market outlook for electronic components. For further details, see:
-- Ground Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS010713
-- Airborne Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS041213
-- Terrestrial Military Satcom Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS061213
-- Shipborne Communications Systems and Components Forecast 2012-2022, http://sa-link.cc/ADS061213B
About Strategy Analytics
SOURCE Strategy Analytics
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Jay Z, Kanye Delight Fans With Two-Hour Set at SXSW
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- Accused Killer Texted Son Moments Before Shooting Man for Texting: Prosecutors