Following is the text of press note issued by State Bank of
In order to enhance the existing level of transparency and disclosure in the credit card business, it has been decided that banks shall invariably provide an upfront key product fact sheet in the form of a Summary Box to their prospective customers with effect from
A specimen of the Summary Box containing the minimum information relating to Annualized Percentage Rate (APR), effective interest rates, minimum monthly repayments, card limits, fees and charges, insurance coverage, etc. is being attached for meticulous compliance.
Banks may, however, add any further material information in the Summary Box as they deem necessary. Further, before issuing any credit card, the bank shall retain a duplicate copy of Summary Box duly signed by the customer and authorized banker, in line with SBP record retention regulations.
2. Failure to comply with the above directives shall attract penal action under the provisions of Banking Companies Ordinance, 1962.
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions