Following is the text of press note issued by State Bank of
In order to enhance the existing level of transparency and disclosure in the credit card business, it has been decided that banks shall invariably provide an upfront key product fact sheet in the form of a Summary Box to their prospective customers with effect from
A specimen of the Summary Box containing the minimum information relating to Annualized Percentage Rate (APR), effective interest rates, minimum monthly repayments, card limits, fees and charges, insurance coverage, etc. is being attached for meticulous compliance.
Banks may, however, add any further material information in the Summary Box as they deem necessary. Further, before issuing any credit card, the bank shall retain a duplicate copy of Summary Box duly signed by the customer and authorized banker, in line with SBP record retention regulations.
2. Failure to comply with the above directives shall attract penal action under the provisions of Banking Companies Ordinance, 1962.
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property