Following is the text of press release issued by
Experts of various fields including banking and insurance on Thursday said government must enhance healthcare budget to overcome poverty and improve standard of living of masses.
National and economic development is difficult when a major portion of population could not afford healthcare, while improved allocations is the fastest way to ensure better living conditions, they said.
Former Foreign Secretary
They were speaking at a seminar hosted by
One hundred children out of one thousand dies before their fifth birthday in
Moreover, they observed, those who don't need assistance get free medication while needy have to run from pillar to post to get treatment. Absence of health insurance is taking toll on poor as in case of injury or disease to the breadwinner plunges family into debt and malnourishment.
Speaking on the occasion, the chief guest Jamaluddin asked the staff of UIC to work with dedication under the leadership of
For more information, contact:Ali Asad,PRO,
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter