The new PRIMEQUEST 2000 series sets new levels of performance and system resilience that are unrivalled on any other x86 system.
The new Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST line-up also includes 8-way servers with extra-large memory capacities of up to 12TB, with the PRIMEQUEST 2800B model ideally suited to handle bigger memory-intensive applications. The range-topping Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST 2800E model also sets a new performance world record eight-processor result running on Windows on the two-tier SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark.
Non-stop runtime at x86 cost efficiency
With the introduction of the PRIMEQUEST 2000 series, an x86-based solution is for the first time able to match both the performance and resilience of a Unix system, while convincingly winning the price-performance argument. As a result,
The top-of-the-range Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST 2400E and 2800E models also introduce another industry first: A new Dynamic Reconfiguration feature allows online replacement of system boards and therefore enables on-the-fly re-partitioning while the system is still up and running. Workloads can be shifted from one partition to another on a running server, therefore avoiding the need for any planned downtime or even operating system restarts.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'