The new PRIMEQUEST 2000 series sets new levels of performance and system resilience that are unrivalled on any other x86 system.
The new Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST line-up also includes 8-way servers with extra-large memory capacities of up to 12TB, with the PRIMEQUEST 2800B model ideally suited to handle bigger memory-intensive applications. The range-topping Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST 2800E model also sets a new performance world record eight-processor result running on Windows on the two-tier SAP Sales and Distribution (SD) standard application benchmark.
Non-stop runtime at x86 cost efficiency
With the introduction of the PRIMEQUEST 2000 series, an x86-based solution is for the first time able to match both the performance and resilience of a Unix system, while convincingly winning the price-performance argument. As a result,
The top-of-the-range Fujitsu PRIMEQUEST 2400E and 2800E models also introduce another industry first: A new Dynamic Reconfiguration feature allows online replacement of system boards and therefore enables on-the-fly re-partitioning while the system is still up and running. Workloads can be shifted from one partition to another on a running server, therefore avoiding the need for any planned downtime or even operating system restarts.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap