Almost a year after it was bailed out to the tune of
The restrictions, introduced to prevent a run on banks, are due to be lifted on domestic transactions, finance ministry officials told the Guardian. "There will definitely be some relaxation but I don't want to go into specifics as the markets could take advantage," said one insider. "All these steps are in the right direction but there is a long way to go."
Although restrictions have been relaxed since the country's near economic collapse, cash withdrawals are still limited to
But in a sign
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11