-- Strategy Analytics' AppOptix Data Provides Insight on Facebook's WhatsApp Acquisition
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140220/NE69088-INFO [http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140220/NE69088-INFO])
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130207/NE56457LOGO-b [http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130207/NE56457LOGO-b])
Facebook's daily engagement is among the highest in mobile apps usage with 63%, far outstripping most messaging services, though operator messaging, those services provided by mobile operators, collectively, shows high traction. WhatsApp can augment Facebook's engagement and help expand its user base globally, particularly in the younger populations where it has come under some pressure based on AppOptix data.
Further breakdown on usage suggests WhatsApp has the strongest traction among In terms of time spent on the mobile device, the social and communication apps collectively represent 45% of the usage; with this acquisition along with Instagram, Facebook will own 64 minutes of daily mobile usage per user in the U.S.
About Strategy Analytics
Web site: http://www.strategyanalytics.com/
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?