CompTIA, the global IT trade association, is helping solve both the IT skills gap and the growing number of ex-service professionals struggling to find jobs.
Armed for IT Careers, launched today, will provide a one-stop-shop for ex-military personnel to learn about a career in IT, find training, find resettlement funding, get qualified and land their first IT job.
Since the 2010 defence review there have been an increasing number of service leavers returning to the
"We believe the problem has been that, until now, there has been nothing which clearly outlines the opportunities, then helps them train and certify the technical skills they need to make the transition. We believe this is a real missed opportunity both for the IT industry, which needs great people, and for hard working military leavers who want to contribute to society back home".
The programme website www.armedforitcareers.org aims to become the go to resource for anyone looking to transition from the military into the IT industry.
For those ready to embark on an IT career, Armed for IT Careers takes them through a clear three step process for finding their first IT job.
* Learn: Identify IT training providers who are experienced at training ex-military professionals and approved by the MOD for resettlement training funding
* Certify: Find and take the qualifications to demonstrate you have the skills for an IT career
* Work: Search for jobs in your area and specialisation
For those earlier in their resettlement journey, the site explains what an IT career offers former military personnel and how to identify funding for resettlement training.
As well as supporting veterans directly into jobs, the programme also provides information for training providers and employers who wish to train and recruit ex-service people. CompTIA is keen to hear from anyone who would like to support the scheme.
Russ says: "The forces have a big advantage in IT, partly because they often have the right skills to get in, but also because the financial packages available to those leaving the military are well suited to the well-defined training and certification routes into IT."
Armed for IT Careers has broad support from industry and government. Wansbeck MP
CompTIA is the voice of the world's information technology (IT) industry. Visit http://www.comptia.org/home.aspx, http://www.facebook.com/CompTIA and twitter.com/comptia to learn more.
TNS 24HariCha-140220-30FurigayJane-4642369 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy