Officials said the increased production is a step towards the government's target of 500,000 tonnes per season.
The increased production was particularly impressive in four departments in the north of the country - Atacora, Alibori, Borgou and Donga.
The cotton sector in
In view of this, the government has been fully involved in mobilising the key players in the sector.
Also, 3,000 soldiers and young people have been deployed to
-0- PANA IT/JSG/BBA/SEG 19Feb2014
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy