It is high time that finance ministers changed tack on
Mr Dijsselbloem was fielding questions at his regular meeting with Economic and Monetary Affairs Committee MEPs.
MEPs asked whether, given possible early signs of recovery, the Eurogroup is going to make good its pledges that
On bank resolution, MEPs told Mr Dijsselbloem that the system proposed by Council was too politicised and so cumbersome that decisions could never be taken in a weekend. He acknowledged that "there is serious room for improving the decision-making process" and added that "Several ministers are in fact now proposing improvements too."
Access to credit
MEPs repeatedly stressed that
TNS 30FurigayJane-140221-4643596 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels