Nationwide snatched current account customers from rivals in the first nine months of its financial year and also lent more to mortgage customers than in the whole of the previous year.
Issuing a quarterly update on its performance for the first time,
But Nationwide's share of current accounts remained at 6%, below its target of 10% of a market regarded as a crucial area for competition.
In the nine months to the end of 2103, 20% more current accounts were opened at Nationwide than the same period the previous year, amid anecdotal evidence that it has benefited from the problems at
The switching service is intended to bolster competition in the retail banking sector, dominated by the big four -
The society, based in
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia