News Column

Work on Dubai\ s Burj 2020 to start in 2015

February 2, 2014

ArabianBusiness.com Staff

Construction of the world's tallest commercial tower, Burj 2020, will begin in Dubai in 2015, the executive chairman of Dubai Multi Commodities Centre Authority revealed. Ahmed Sultan Bin Sulayem said that the project had been put out to tender, with the architect to be announced this year. "Construction will start in 2015," said Bin Sulayem, who was speaking at the Destination Dubai 2020 conference held at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai today. He said that the building —which was first announced in July 2013 and named Burj 2020 after Dubai's successful Expo 2020 bid was announced on 27 November — would be the world's tallest single-use tower. He added, however, that it would include "some nice entertainment features", including a viewing deck. Bin Sulayem said that when it came to financing the project, "DMCC was in a better position than it ever was in before". He suggested that DMCC would look for financing "so that the whole of Dubai benefits" and to create more jobs. Burj 2020 will be part of DMCC's Free Zone Business Park expansion plans (107,000m²), catering to the increased global demand from multi-nationals and regional corporates for large-scale commercial space in Dubai .


For more stories on investments and markets, please see HispanicBusiness' Finance Channel



Source: DesignMENA.com


Story Tools