Paper, a news-consumption app akin to existing options like Flipboard, Feedly and Zite, will be released for the iPhone in
The idea is to present longer-form
Paper makes storytelling more beautiful with an immersive design and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts," the company said in a post on the site. Weve also made it easier to craft and share beautiful stories of your own."
The first section of the new app will be your Facebook News Feed. It wont have all the functions of the native
Users can then customize the app by adding more than a dozen other topics, from photography and sports to food, science and design."
There will be no buttons to push. Instead, users will be able to flip through stories and other posts by tilting the phone in various ways and swiping with their fingers.
When posting your own stories, Paper will let you look at a preview before sharing.
Paper will be the first release from
In the early days of its 2012 public stock offering,
On Wednesday,Facebook reported that 945 million of its 1.2 billion users visited the site via a smartphone or tablet in the last few months and that mobile represented 53% of the sites advertising revenue and up from 23% last year and zero in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West