Paper, a news-consumption app akin to existing options like Flipboard, Feedly and Zite, will be released for the iPhone in
The idea is to present longer-form
Paper makes storytelling more beautiful with an immersive design and fullscreen, distraction-free layouts," the company said in a post on the site. Weve also made it easier to craft and share beautiful stories of your own."
The first section of the new app will be your Facebook News Feed. It wont have all the functions of the native
Users can then customize the app by adding more than a dozen other topics, from photography and sports to food, science and design."
There will be no buttons to push. Instead, users will be able to flip through stories and other posts by tilting the phone in various ways and swiping with their fingers.
When posting your own stories, Paper will let you look at a preview before sharing.
Paper will be the first release from
In the early days of its 2012 public stock offering,
On Wednesday,Facebook reported that 945 million of its 1.2 billion users visited the site via a smartphone or tablet in the last few months and that mobile represented 53% of the sites advertising revenue and up from 23% last year and zero in 2011.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down