A Bahrain -based banker jailed in Dubai in connection with a $501 million fraud is seriously ill with stomach problems, said a report. Briton Charles Ridley has been taken to hospital after complaining of abdominal pain, said the report in the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication. "He was taken to a hospital in Dubai because of stomach complications," a well-placed source confirmed. No other details were available. Ridley was among five investment bankers handed long prison sentences in April 2011 for defrauding Dubai Islamic Bank in connection with a loan. The defendants have always maintained their innocence and claimed the loan was paid in full when the bank foreclosed on Plantation Holdings , which was valued at more than $1 billion . - TradeArabia News Service ?
Most Popular Stories
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- How Past Mistakes Will Drive Ukraine's Future
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California