DUBAI—An Indian man, along with his Pakistani accomplice, was sentenced to death on Wednesday for killing his wife.
Court records show that a Bangladeshi laborer found the woman's body in a black garbage bag by a farm on the
Investigations led to the arrest of the husband's Pakistani accomplice, R.A., who confessed to the crime. RA also told the police that the Indian man gave him a gold bracelet in exchange for the AED600 airfare to
"They were going through some marital problems," the 28 year-old Pakistani said, adding, "he couldn't divorce her as he wasn't financially well-off to pay the monthly alimony-as dictated by the Indian law. He said killing her was the only option."
According to the court documents, the Pakistani man said he urged his friend to rethink his decision. "One night he asked me to pick him up from his house and drop him to the airport.
"He was acting odd when I got there. He told me he had managed to kill his wife and that her body was still in bed.
Court records show that the woman was alive when R.A. saw her. The Pakistani man then strangulated her.
After dumping the body by the farm, R.A. dropped his friend to the airport.
He was arrested the following day.
The death sentence is subject to appeal within 15 days.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23