But the question is can the hugely profitable but fickle new smartphone-game be sustained?
According to the Verge, the game has a vast audience of 128 million daily active users and over 1.2 billion games being played every day, but
But it's a one-game company, and that one game might be losing players rather quickly.
The company, having been in operation since 2003, believes it has a 'repeatable and scalable game development process' that will keep it growing for years to come, the report said.
According to the report, 2013 was the real breakout year for
Some analysts have questioned whether King will be able to maintain its breakneck pace of growth, particularly given the difficulty of some other games makers in maintaining success, the report said.
King's revenues dropped between the third and fourth quarters of the year, with profits falling from
Whether or not it will be able to sustain the momentum of its flagship game is the key question for King going forward.
The company has applied to list its shares on the
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap