The actress, singer and former
"It's an honor to jump in. It's a well-oiled machine, up and running and I think it'll be a perfect fit," Williams said afterward. She signed on before ever seeing the show and says it was an "easy, easy" decision to jump in.
Williams, who next month turns 50, will start as a guest vocalist on
The high energy show, directed and choreographed by
Williams, the former "Desperate Housewives" star, will be called on to sing four songs, including "
What can people expect? "It'll be me," she said flirtatiously. "It won't be k.d. lang. It'll be me. The people that know me know what I bring. I love the music and it's our history. This is the music of African-Americans in
The actress and singer has never recorded the four songs in the show and especially looks forward to the chance to make "Stormy Weather" her own. "
A three-time Emmy Award-nominated actress in "Ugly Betty," Williams has appeared on
Williams also has been nominated for 11 Grammy Awards and has had pop hits with "Save the Best For Last," ''Dreamin,'" and "Colors of the Wind." She also wrote a memoir with her mother titled "You Have No Idea."
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes