Base quality upland cotton has the following characteristics: color grade 41, leaf grade 4, staple length 1-1/16 inches, micronaire 3.5-3.6 and 4.3-4.9, strength 26.0-28.9 grams per tex and length uniformity of 80.0-81.9 percent.
In accordance with the Agricultural Act of 2014 (2014 Farm Bill), the base quality marketing assistance loan rate for upland cotton is set at the simple average of the adjusted prevailing world price for the two immediately preceding marketing years, as determined by the Secretary of Agriculture and announced
Because the calculation exceeded the maximum allowed level, the 2014-crop marketing assistance loan rate for upland cotton is set at
The marketing assistance loan rate announcement for the 2014-crop of upland cotton is being made today because the announcement date specified in the 2014 Farm Bill has passed. Loan rate announcements for the 2015-18 crops of upland cotton will be made
TNS 30VianaGem - 140219-4641410 30VianaGem
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic