Tug boats are set to pull in the Bank Holiday crowds at theBlack
Tugs boats will be put through their paces pulling old cargo boats, known as Joeys, in and out of the canal arm and the Museum’s historic lifting bridge will open and close to let them through. Each tug is capable of pulling a train of up to 6 boats, with every boat carrying around 25 tons each. The Museum’s wharf crane will transfer cargo from Joey boats onto vintage lorries. Traditional canal crafts will be demonstrated along the tow path and include fender making, sign writing, rag rug podging and boatmans’ belt making.
Established in 1978, Black CountryLivingMuseumis one of the UK’s leading open-air museums. Designated by
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download:
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence