The news correspondents obtained a quote from the research from ESRF, "Presence of OMMT has negligible effect on the kinetics of formation of alpha-crystals of PA 6 at low cooling rate while there is observed enhanced nucleation of gamma-mesophase on fast cooling. Furthermore, addition of OMMT leads to a distinct increase of the cooling rate required to completely vitrify the amorphous state."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The performed experiments demonstrate that the nucleating effect of OMMT in PA 6/OMMT nanocomposites is of particular importance at cooling conditions relevant in polymer processing."
For more information on this research see: Crystallization of a Polyamide 6/Montmorillonite Nanocomposite at Rapid Cooling. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 2013;298(9):938-943. Macromolecular Materials and Engineering can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation