Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from IIT, "The coating was characterized using scanning electron microscopy, energy dispersive analysis of x-ray, and x-ray diffractrometry. Microhardness and wear resistance of the coating was measured using Vicker's hardness tester and Pin-on-Disc method, respectively. The corrosion behavior was measured using electrochemical polarization and immersion tests with and without exposure in 3.5% NaCl solution. It is observed that codeposition of Al2O3 and PTFE particles with Ni-P coating results in comparatively smooth surface with nodular grains. The NiPPA coating was observed to have moderate hardness between electroless Ni-P-PTFE and Ni-P-Al2O3 coating and good wear resistance with lubricating effect. Addition of both PTFE and Al2O3 is observed to enhance corrosion resistance of the Ni-P coating. However, improvement in corrosion resistance is more due to addition of Al2O3 than PTFE."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Continuous exposure for 10-20 days in corrosive solution is found to deteriorate corrosion protection properties of the coating."
For more information on this research see: Electroless Ni-P-PTFE-Al2O3 Dispersion Nanocomposite Coating for Corrosion and Wear Resistance.
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting A. Sharma, IIT Roorkee,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property