Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "In this study, a recombinant 30Kc19 protein was applied to human serum albumin (HSA) nanoparticles to enhance cellular uptake and stability of a nanoparticle cargo enzyme. The 30Kc19 protein, which originates from silkworm, has cell-penetrating and enzymestabilizing abilities. Therefore, 30Kc19-HSA nanoparticles were expected to enhance cellular uptake and stability of an enzyme loaded on the nanoparticles. Here, nanoparticles loaded with beta-galactosidase were prepared using the desolvation method. The 30Kc19-HSA nanoparticles were uniformly spherical in shape, dispersed evenly in phosphate buffered saline and cell culture media, and released beta-galactosidase in a sustained manner. The 30Kc19-HSA nanoparticles had negligible toxicity to animal cells and exhibited enhanced cellular uptake and intracellular stability of beta-galactosidase in HeLa and HEK293 cells when compared with those of HSA nanoparticles."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "These results suggest that 30Kc19-HSA protein nanoparticles could be used as a versatile tool for drug delivery to various cells."
For more information on this research see: Enzyme delivery using the 30Kc19 protein and human serum albumin nanoparticles. Biomaterials, 2014;35(5):1696-1704. Biomaterials can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- German Firm Starts Gas Deliveries to Ukraine
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- Coca-Cola Soda Sales Lose Pop
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work