RBS SETTLED a class action case in the US yesterday, agreeing to pay disgruntled investors
The bank also suspended a third foreign exchange trader this week as part of its internal probe into alleged abuse of the markets.
Separately, RBS announced the sale of parts of its investment banking arm, the structured retail investor products unit and the equity derivatives business, to French bank
The class action was brought against RBS by investors including the
The settlement still needs court approval, which is expected in the coming weeks.
The bank had already set money aside to cover the bill which is included in provisions of £750m and £1.9bn made over last year.
"The outcome in this case should not be seen as indicative of how other MBS lawsuits involving the
The bank's shares fell 0.22 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock