RBS SETTLED a class action case in the US yesterday, agreeing to pay disgruntled investors
The bank also suspended a third foreign exchange trader this week as part of its internal probe into alleged abuse of the markets.
Separately, RBS announced the sale of parts of its investment banking arm, the structured retail investor products unit and the equity derivatives business, to French bank
The class action was brought against RBS by investors including the
The settlement still needs court approval, which is expected in the coming weeks.
The bank had already set money aside to cover the bill which is included in provisions of £750m and £1.9bn made over last year.
"The outcome in this case should not be seen as indicative of how other MBS lawsuits involving the
The bank's shares fell 0.22 per cent.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD