The rand's decline against the dollar was raising costs for South African platinum companies operating in
"Simply by the depreciation of the rand, all of a sudden, if you compare
The rand has lost 22 percent against the dollar since the start of last year. The drop has pushed up mining costs in
Chidhakwa said four companies he did not identify had platinum claims they were "holding for speculative purposes… We are going to ensure that those holding our claims for speculative purposes do not have a place in
Platinum companies are contending with
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party