The patent's inventors are Niyogi, Sandip (
This patent was filed on
From the background information supplied by the inventors, news correspondents obtained the following quote: "
"It is within this context that the embodiments arise."
Supplementing the background information on this patent, VerticalNews reporters also obtained the inventors' summary information for this patent: "Embodiments of the present invention provide a method and apparatus for generating graphene structures directly on a non-metallic substrate. Several inventive embodiments of the present invention are described below.
"In some embodiments, a method for depositing graphene is provided. The method includes depositing a first layer, e.g., a layer of non-conducting amorphous carbon over a surface of a substrate and depositing a second layer, e.g., a transition metal in a pattern over the amorphous carbon. The substrate is annealed at a temperature below 500.degree. C., where the annealing converts the non-conducting amorphous carbon disposed immediately under the transition metal to a third layer, e.g., a conducting crystalline carbon also referred to as graphite carbon. A portion of the pattern of the transition metal is removed from the surface of the substrate to expose the conducting crystalline carbon.
"Other aspects of the invention will become apparent from the following detailed description, taken in conjunction with the accompanying drawings, illustrating by way of example the principles of the invention."
For the URL and additional information on this patent, see: Niyogi, Sandip;
Keywords for this news article include: Electronics, Semiconductor,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing