The money will be an addition to the
The bond is being issued in
"For this quarter we have lined up investors to raise another
"We are currently, and will continuously monitor the operating environment to ensure that the targeted clients are viable and that they are able to repay the money," Mr Mangozho said.
He said the bank has a list of companies and clients that are likely to benefit from the arrangement.
Mr Mangozho added that as and when the bank identifies deserving enterprises, they will approach investors to raise more funding so that the SME sector gets the required support to boost its economic development potential.
"At the moment, a list has been drawn and once our sanctioning committee is satisfied with the candidates, then the investors will be approached to raise the funding.
"The general trading environment has been challenging but we hope to allocate more funds to the bonds.
"The Proparco Line of Credit for
Mr Mangozho added that the
The bank is keen to help SME via this bond but bigger businesses are catered for under different structures.
He said as a pre-condition for lending by
This year, the bank's managing director Mr Benefit Washaya said the institution intends to raise
He said in the last quarter, after a careful analysis of the trading environment they identified a number of qualifying small businesses and raised about
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March