NMB Head of Transactional Banking Mr
"The internet banking system has started to show fruits due to reduced queuing at various NMB branches across the country," he said at the official launch of the system.
He said that the internet banking system was not only bringing the services closer to the people but also a necessary step in reducing time lost in queuing.
"NMB internet banking guarantees customers the most efficient and secure service delivery in time," he said.
"The internet banking allows an effective financial management anytime, anywhere where clients, both public and private enterprises will no longer have to visit NMB branch for undertaking banking transactions," he said.
With the initiative, NMB customers particularly, small, medium and large scale entrepreneurs across the country will be the first beneficiaries of the system thus reducing the hidden costs and risks of moving from where the business is stationed to the nearest branches.
He mentioned some of the services to be pursued under NMB internet banking as viewing balances and downloading of account statements, transfer of funds between NMB accounts, making third part and international payments as well as the Tanzania Inter-bank Settlement System (TISS) payments like taxes.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU
- Disney Lays Off 700 From Interactive Unit