ABN, a foreign-owned financial institution based in
"Improving access to financial services for MSMEs would hasten growth in the informal sector and our partnership with IFC will help eliminate the bottle-necks on loan acquisitions and enable us provide growth opportunities for Micro,
IFC expects the loan to help ABN build on its already impressive record of offering easy-to-access financial services to entrepreneurs and new market segments, who serve those at the bottom of the economic pyramid.
"The activities are critical for helping people with low-income engage in economic activity to sustain livelihoods and gain access to basic goods and services," IFC said.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed