Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "Further to the successful incorporation of bare POF and jacketed POF cables longitudinally in to the propellants, it is also proposed for the first time the POF integration with an embedded strain-sensitive closed-loop fiber segment. The intrinsic elasticity of the POFs and also the macro-bend originated losses under strain provide monitoring capability for strain and stress much higher than 10%."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Additionally resulted plastic deformation of POFs in excessively high strains, is proposed to serve as a data/event logger important for recording materials' stress history."
For more information on this research see: Fiber Optic Architectures for Strain Monitoring of
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from C. Riziotis,
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11