In a press statement, the NBK Bahrain said that its total assets increased by 41 percent y-o-y to
It added that shareholders' equity increased by 17 percent y-o-y to
"NBK Bahrain's performance remains solid given the challenging operating environment,"
"This performance is clear evidence that our regional expansion strategy is successful and rewarding despite the challenges in the region. Our strategy is built on a culture of prudence and strict risk management practices, which continues to serve us well in all times." Dabdoub expected the bank will make more growth in 2014.
"We are successfully strengthening our position regionally. Our strategic initiative has become a main pillar on which we will build future growth. We expect the contribution of our international operations to the Group's profitability to continue growing." Meanwhile, NBK Bahrain General Manager
"This strong performance attests to the solid foundations on which the bank was built. NBK Bahrain has been able to sail through the storm unscathed, as we have consistently focused on our core business and ways to diversify sources of income.
"The quality of our assets is beyond reproach. Meanwhile, we continue to grow our operations and develop new products to serve our corporate and retail customers." NBK has been present in
NBK's international presence spans many of the world's leading financial centers including
NBK continues to enjoy collectively the highest ratings among all banks in the
The Bank's ratings are supported by its high capitalization, prudent lending policies, and its disciplined approach to risk management, in addition to its highly recognized and very stable management team. NBK was also named among Global Finance's list of the 50 safest banks in the world for the eighth consecutive time. (end) mga.ibi
All KUNA right are reserved
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter