Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The present study demonstrates the potential of CNSs for applications in energy-absorbing materials as well as nanodevices, such as artificial muscles, where reversible and controllable volumetric deformations are desired."
For more information on this research see: Tunable Mechanical Behavior of Carbon Nanoscroll Crystals Under Uniaxial Lateral Compression.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot