Our news editors obtained a quote from the research from
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The present study demonstrates the potential of CNSs for applications in energy-absorbing materials as well as nanodevices, such as artificial muscles, where reversible and controllable volumetric deformations are desired."
For more information on this research see: Tunable Mechanical Behavior of Carbon Nanoscroll Crystals Under Uniaxial Lateral Compression.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen