The U.S. dollar rose against a basket of major currencies despite lower than forecast housing starts figures, where investors will focus on Fed minutes. The report showed that housing starts dropped 16.0 percent to 880,000 in January, lower than forecast of a drop to 950,000. Building permits also slipped to 937,000 from a revised of 991,000. However, the focus would be on Fed minutes for February's meeting, which included holding interest rate at its record low while slashing bond purchases by another
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?