The euro was quoted at
The dollar moved in a tight range above the
"Trading volume seemed to be thin today amid a lack of market- moving cues," said a senior dealer at a major Japanese bank.
"Soft U.S. economic figures announced the previous day created a somewhat risk-averse mood in the market," prompting buying of the yen, said
But the dollar's decline was limited amid expectations of a gradual recovery in the U.S. economy, as market participants appear to believe weak economic data were related to severe weather conditions, Kameoka added.
Market participants are waiting for the minutes of the Fed's policy-setting Federal Open Market Committee meeting at the end of last month to confirm U.S. economic conditions, the major bank's dealer said.
At the FOMC meeting in late January, the U.S. central bank decided to reduce stimulus spending by
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March