According to JP Morgan, the promising pipeline of IPOs this year is likely to be as huge as the
"The pipeline for IPOs in
"We are expecting healthy IPO activities," said JP Morgan chief executive officer and senior country officer (
"Possibly in the second half of this year, you can see a lot more IPO activities across all sectors, and some of the IPOs slipping into 2015."
Reuters recently reported that
They include 1Malaysia
On whether any of them will be as big as
FGV was the world's second-largest IPO in 2012 after giant social networking site
Clayton said the excitement in the local equity market will entice foreign interest, which is currently on a downtrend due to the negative sentiment towards emerging markets.
"Foreign sentiment towards emerging markets is negative, and
"If the United States Federal Reserve tapering continues at this pace, appetite for Malaysian transactions will continue to pick up."
On another development, Clayton said
"We are also expecting a narrowing of net imports, with exports starting to pick up," he said, adding that consumer-driven sectors, on the other hand, will slow down this year.
He said JP Morgan is giving
He said a "negative" outlook does not mean a "downgrade".
"There's misinformation about the rating agencies. One rating agency gave
"A 'downgrade' is when they actually announce a 'downgrade'. Another rating agency gave
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion