"The researches that were carried out revealed that unmarried women in
On property ownership, the report also applauded
The 2014 report also looked at issues such as gender differences in obtaining national identification cards; the use of quotas to increase women's representation on corporate boards, national parliaments and local government; married women's ownership rights; and the number of women justices in supreme courts.
The report noted that women were likely to perform better at work if they are free from sexual harassment and other forms of abuse.
"Economies with greater numbers of restrictions on women's work have, on average, lower female participation in the formal labour force and have fewer firms with female participation in ownership.
"Conversely, economies which provide a greater measure of incentives for women to work have greater income equality," the report added.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'