Turkish banks' loan growth decelerated to 33.2% y/y to TRY 1,085bn (
Loans declined by 0.88% w/w and loan growth since the end of the 2013 decelerated to 1.92% as of
Consumer loan growth also decelerated slightly to 26.2% y/y to TRY 250.7bn (up 1.1% ytd) while the growth in housing loans eased to 26.5% y/y to TRY 111.9bn (up 1.54% ytd) and the expansion in auto loans segment decelerated to 6.2% y/y to TRY 8.41bn as of
Banks' deposits declined 1% w/w to TRY 1,013bn as of
Last week, daily
Turkish banking sector's net profit rose 5.1% y/y to TRY 24.73bn in 2013, the BDDK said earlier this month. Total assets of the banking industry reached TRY 1.73tn, representing a 26.4% y/y increase. Net interest income of banks increased 9.8% y/y to TRY 57.4bn while loans grew 31.8% y/y to TRY 1.05tn last year. Consumer loans rose 27.8% y/y to TRY 248bn while commercial loans increased 34.9% y/y to TRY 444bn. Loans to SMEs increased 35.9% y/y to TRY 271.4bn. The capital adequacy ratio in the sector was 15.3% at the end of 2013, down from 17.9% a year earlier. Non-performing loans grew 26.4% y/y to TRY 29.6bn, corresponding to a NPL/total loan ratio of 2.7% at the end of 2013. There are 49 banks in
At the end of last year, BDDK announced several new legislations on credit cards and loans to curb excessive credit cards use and loan growth. According to new regulations, credit card installments for electronics, jewellery, telecommunications, and car rental will be limited to six months while it will not be possible to buy food and oil products by installments. Card installments for white goods and furniture will also be limited to 12 months. Maturities of consumer loans (excluding mortgages) and car loans will be limited to 36 months and 48 months, respectively.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges