The S&P/TSX composite index gained 41.56 points to 14,096.32. The Canadian dollar moved up 0.15 of a cent from Friday's close to
U.S. indexes were mixed as the
The Dow Jones industrials slipped 0.48 of a point to 16,153.91, the Nasdaq was 13.17 points higher to 4,257.19 while the S&P 500 index rose 2.87 points to 1,841.5.
Traders will also be digesting housing data this morning.
Meanwhile, there was also major dealmaking in the pharmaceutical sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap