The S&P/TSX composite index gained 41.56 points to 14,096.32. The Canadian dollar moved up 0.15 of a cent from Friday's close to
U.S. indexes were mixed as the
The Dow Jones industrials slipped 0.48 of a point to 16,153.91, the Nasdaq was 13.17 points higher to 4,257.19 while the S&P 500 index rose 2.87 points to 1,841.5.
Traders will also be digesting housing data this morning.
Meanwhile, there was also major dealmaking in the pharmaceutical sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset