"The Great Chicago Pension Caper: Neighborhood Destabilization in an Age of Austerity," (http://www.ctunet.com/blog/text/ChicagoPensionCaper021714.2.pdf) was authored by
[SB1 is the pension cutting legislation passed by the
"This report demonstrates the unintended consequences of misguided pension reform," said CTU President
Current public workers will have their pensions reduced the most. Many will face a nearly 20 percent cut in anticipated retiree income over their first two decades of retirement. These cuts will negatively impact not only public workers' quality of life, but entire communities.
"The Great Chicago Pension Caper" also shows:
* The pension benefits earned by teachers support roughly 6,000 jobs in the
* SB1, as applied to the
Retirees living in the city's majority-black zip codes earn more than
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?