* Army aviation officials said science and technology funding would be protected, even as acquisition accounts are hit hard by budget cuts over the next five years.
"We're in this kind of hiatus period. We're going to come out in about five years, and we need to be ready to push things into position to become very solid programs of record," she said.
Science and technology funds are the hardest to defend in a fiscally constrained environment because humans seek instant gratification, said Maj. Gen.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'