Women between the ages of 18 and 24 are at the highest risk for dating violence, figures from the
"At some point, almost everyone knows someone in an unhealthy relationship,"
The app provides information on healthy relationship dynamics, common relationship violence myths and potential behavioral red flags; personalized safety plans based on users' priorities and backed by scientific research; and links to local and national resources.
"Students said that phones feel private, and they always have their phones with them," Bloom said. "In abusive situations, there are many factors to consider. The My Plan app gives students tools to examine their relationships, set their priorities and privately access resources when they are ready."
Most Popular Stories
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget
- Shipwright Jobs Offered in N.C.